rating = 8
i love music.
i listen to music in the shower as i get ready for work; in the car on my way to work, at my desk while in work, in the car on my way from work, at home while i do chores, while i cook, when i hang out with friends, when i work out… so i pretty much listen to music all the time.
the search for an online music provider started a few years ago. i’ve worked in corporate environments and would usually play background music while i work or when i needed some alone time i would stick my earphones in and escape into my own world. over the years i’ve breen pretty loyal to the following sites…
Yahoo! Pandora Jango
i recently came accros GROOVESHARK and it’s won my heart.
i love that…
- they have a humongous library of music
- that they have every genre of music
- it’s easy to create playlists
- you can shuffle playlists
- it’s easy to search for and find music by artist, genre, album
- you can mark your favorite songs
- you can share songs you like with your friends/ followers on facebook, twitter, stumbleupon
- they suggest other similar songs (similar to itunes genius)
- you can search listen to other users playlists and incorporate them into your own
- you can add new music
- they feature independent bands
possible areas of improvement…
- for reasons unknown to me it sometimes repeatedly adds one song to your queue 10,000 times
- i once took about half hour creating a playlist only to find out there was a ‘communication error’ of some sort and my songs weren’t able to be retrieved
i guess if i pay for the vip service these areas of improvement may already be fixed.