rating = 9
with the beautiful miami skyline as a backdrop i settled into a fabulous dinner at azul. i’ve now dined at this restaurant on two occassions, and have been blown away by the food and the service on both counts.
we started dinner with a sommelier that guided us to choosing the perfect bottle to compliment our meal. my appetizer, the calamari salad – tender pieces of calamari with a crunchy coating and a salad that was dressed just right, not too acidic (which is my pet peeve). the beef short ribs entree was fork tender and so yummy i was not even tempted to taste my dinner partner’s salmon entree. and my absolute favorite part of the meal was the lemon-scented panna cotta. so creamy, so delicate, i almost want to set up a direct deposit from my paycheck to azul to have this delivered to me on a daily basis.
thank you’s go to:
- the attentive staff at azul
- the chef that prepared a memorable dinner
- my dinner date for having a birthday and giving us a reason to celebrate
- miami for providing a most beautiful skyline
- miami spice, for making such an indulgence accessible during these reccessive times
i highly recommend azul!